Search This Blog

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Berry Bread


My post about wild raspberries made me hungry for some of our favorite berry bread. It's pretty popular around here, and the recipe makes 24 muffins plus a small loaf in a pretty, giftable pan* for a friend who just might be having a birthday tomorrow.

I use this recipe with a couple of minor alterations. Two cups of mixed berries--red and black raspberries in addition to the blueberries--really pack in the flavor and add color. I've even been known to throw in a few extra berries when nobody's looking. I also like to sprinkle some crystalline sugar on top before baking, for even more flavor and a bit of crunch. I generally bake the muffins first, then the extra little loaf until golden brown and tests done. The recipe may be halved, although since it freezes well, I usually make a full batch. Enjoy!

*I found my pretty pans at Michael's for 99 cents each last Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome. Thanks for stopping by; please come again soon!