Search This Blog

Monday, June 20, 2011

Rummage Sale Chair Makeover

Late! Late! Late posting to this blog, and late to the trash-to-treasure scene. However, I'm excited to share my first chair makeover, inspired by the creativity of so many fellow bloggers. I accidentally deleted the 'before' shot from the camera; sorry. So...please imagine a medium-stained, scratched chair with a faded, country blue, small print, polyester cushion--something that would go for, say, $5 at a rummage sale.

Now--with a little cleaning/sanding, a can of black semi-gloss spray paint, and a yard of fresh home dec fabric--ta-da!


I think she's cute, comfortable, and functional--providing extra seating when needed. I spotted the cushion fabric at JoAnn and fell in love:


Are these makeover projects addictive? I can't wait to do another one!


2 comments:

  1. Rhetta -
    Your chair redo is really awesome!!! I love the black and your choice of fabric is wonderful - so cute! Love it! and yes, it is addictive!!! Nice job!
    Stacey :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Stacey! You are an inspiration to me. A bonus--my sweet husband liked the chair so much, he got me an electric stapler for more projects!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome. Thanks for stopping by; please come again soon!