Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Shelf Redo

So I shopped the basement and found this (formerly) unfinished pine shelf that included a punched tin 'Home Sweet Home' sign peeking through the top portion. (I was country when country was cool.) After carefully removing the tin to spray paint for another project, the sweet hubs cut me a piece of plywood to cover the entire back.

I used spray adhesive to cover the plywood with one of the prints I'm working with to redecorate our bedroom. Meanwhile, after a good cleaning, I spray painted the shelf with my old friend, Heirloom White.


After stapling the plywood to the back of the shelf and adding a new hanger, it was ready to put up above the night table. I have to say I'm pleased with the way it displays my Willow Tree collection.



Here's the coordinating curtain fabric. I have yet to make bathroom curtains and maybe a bedskirt if it's not too much print. If the valance looks crooked, that's because it is. I couldn't wait to hang it, unhemmed, before leaving on recent trip to visit family in New York, and haven't gotten around to hemming it since. Oops!



It feels good to be moving ahead with this bed/bath redo!

3 comments:

  1. Rhetta,
    that shelf is darling! I love how you redid it and the Willow Trees are so pretty!
    Great Job - Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Stacey. For some reason I missed your comment until just now. Always appreciate your encouragement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhetta,
    I love your little shelf and it is perfect for your Angels. Which reminds me I have a collection of Willow trees and I put them away while we redid the livingroom quite some time ago. Haven't seen them since. Now a hunting I will go!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome. Thanks for stopping by; please come again soon!