Search This Blog

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday Serenity

This is the basis of intimacy with Jesus. I only know Him in the embrace of His person when He is allowed to 'do.' I have attempted to do service for Him; I now want Him to serve through me. I have lived my life for Him; He wants to live His life through me. My ministry has not been pleasing to Him; He wants to minister through me. I have struggled, attempted, and tried; I am tired and have accomplished nothing. I will rest in Him who came to source me. I will respond to His doing. I am a Jesus pusher!!!
- Dr. Stephen Manley

(Dr. Manley is scheduled to speak several times at our denomination's District Family Camp next month.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome. Thanks for stopping by; please come again soon!