Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Oh No I Didn't!

No, I didn't restore this French-inspired kitchen set! The hubs suggested we leave the job to a professional and frankly, he didn't have to ask me twice. Maybe with a little more experience, I would've considered tackling such a large project, but I just didn't feel ready to take the risk.

A craigslist find, she originally sported some old, stained off-white polyester cushions, a highly lacquered, black-spattered finish, and a sizeable variety of nicks.


However, we were able to see past her surface blemishes to her shapely tabletop, beautiful wood grain, cute skirt, and well-maintained cane. So Anita at Heirloom Furniture Restoration worked her magic, and we were thrilled with the outcome. (We could use a larger rug now!)


I did manage to re-cover the chair cushions with this red and white home dec fabric. Ticking has always been a favorite of mine. I also sprayed each cushion with a stain repellant.

Thanks to craigslist and Anita, we're enjoying the new look in the nook!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Rhetta! I love those chairs and the fabric choice is superb! Ticking is so nice, isn't it? Especially the red! Nice job! Love the table, too - looks so cute together!
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Stacey! We're pleased with the results--just would've preferred DIY. I married a wise man, though. He knew I wasn't ready for a project such as this. Someday, with a little more knowledge and experience... .

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome. Thanks for stopping by; please come again soon!