Search This Blog

Friday, August 12, 2011

Treasure Hunt

A friend and I checked out a church rummage sale in the area this morning, and we came away with some mighty good finds. Here's what I brought home for $9.75.

Big, rustic basket - $1.50


And a decorative birdcage (to house a plant, maybe?) - $1.00


Leather-handled basket - $1.00


Mirror (with plans to paint the frame) - $2.00


Vintage bread cloth - 50 cents


Vintage roll cloth? - 50 cents


Anyone know what this is, for real? My friend and I are just guessing. It has two snaps, which when fastened, make the cloth look like this.


The embroidery lies face up, then, within the outer sections.


Jar candle - 25 cents


Rustic sled - $3.00


My friend spotted it, but she has two decorative sleds and decided that doesn't need another. Score!

5 comments:

  1. Great finds! I love those rummage sales when things are so cheap! I went to a fire company one today and they all but gave things away. I found a bunch of old vintage suitcases as well as a cool old toolbox! $5 was my total! How exciting is that!
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stacey! Hitting those sales is great fun, eh. We never know what treasures await us--or not--but that's part of the adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the bassinet that could turn into a Moses basket at that sale! It was fun seeing you! Dave doesn't know yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Annette! Very cool! Um...Dave doesn't know WHAT yet? (ha) It was fun seeing you and the boys, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo, love the baskets! Good find!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome. Thanks for stopping by; please come again soon!