Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Cabinet Makeover

This little number used to be a forest green cabinet for my 'church secretary' office. However, since I retired and we put the kitchen TV on it, she's been known as 'the TV stand.' Clever, eh. Had two drawers up top and a door down below. Sorry, no 'before' shots. I keep forgetting to take them.

Sitting near our freshly made-over kitchen set, she appeared tired and worn. Enter a screw driver, some primer, nine thousand cans of red spray paint (Rustoleum's Merlot), a couple of inexpensive baskets from World Market, and ta-dah.



Not one to waste old cabinet parts, I gave the door a few coats of Rustoleum's Heirloom White and hung it over the towel rack in the guest bath, crossing my fingers that it looks more like 'Cottage' than '80's Country'. If you squint a little, it could be 'Cottage.' Couldn't it?


I have plans for the leftover drawer, too, with a little more red paint. If things go as planned, a post on that is coming soon.







2 comments:

  1. That is such a pretty red! Nice color choice -
    Stacey :o)
    p.s. - hI ope you have been doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhetta! I miss seeing you post!
    I tagged you on my blog (it's just for fun!) and would love to see your answers to the questions I posted. I hope you play! :)
    -Georgia

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome. Thanks for stopping by; please come again soon!