Search This Blog

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Better Late?

Well, this is embarrassing. It's been almost a year since my last blog post. I can't even come up with a good excuse. I do apologize.

Let's see, where to start? Perhaps by sharing a few summer sewing pics.

In June, our church gave a shower for an 'en route' baby girl. I decided to stitch a few burp cloths as part of our gift to her. Fun!


Here's a little tote bag I made as a 'happy' for a friend.


A few pretty fabric scraps turned into reversible table napkins. We're trying to go greener around here.


New throw pillows to freshen up the great room. Incentive for this project? I invited my Bible study group over for brunch. There's a second floral pillow at the other end of the sofa, and I have yet to make the final tan print pillow.



Master bedroom throw pillows and master bath curtains, completed recently as part of the never-ending bed and bath redo. There are still pillowcases to be made and a small storage chest to paint, and now I think I'd like a deeper hue on the bedroom walls.



Here's a laundry room valance I promised a sweet friend back in twenty eleven. She didn't receive it until July of twenty-twelve. Apparently friends do let friends procrastinate. It's fun to write 'twenty eleven' and 'twenty twelve.'


I like to call this the 'Anybody missing a tablecloth?' skirt. Seriously, I washed the water repellent out of this rummage sale home dec print to add a summer skirt to my wardrobe. You can find the Favorite Things Cute Skirts pattern here. It's easy to sew and offers several variations. I plan to make a few more.


How about this 'Who stole the curtains?' top? I had tucked away a pair of unusable voile curtain panels awhile back and recently pulled them out to sew, a la Scarlett O'Hara, a wearable muslin. Remember when Scarlett made herself a dress out of the drapes? Anyway the popular, free, downloadable Sorbetto pattern from Colette can be found here. Google 'sorbetto' for inspiration; there are some creative sewists out there.


A skilled sewist drafted and generously offered online a sleeve pattern for the Sorbetto, found here, so you know I had to try a second, sleeved version. This was made from a cut of thrifted, vintage-ish cotton.


And what kind of grandma would I be if I didn't add this unrelated but timely gem? Our son-in-law's sister had a beautiful Georgia wedding last month. Grandkiddos Ethan, 6 and Ellie, 3, made a pretty cute ring bearer and flower girl, don't you think? It was a most wonderful celebration!


I'm excited to tell you in my next post about a favorite blogger of mine, Stacey from Embracing Change. What an honor to be nominated by Stacey for a Sunshine Award! And can you believe it? She named one of her darling furniture redos after me! She called the piece Red Hot Rhetta, hee hee. It's just one example of her many amazing furniture redos, detailed on her blog. Check it out!







1 comment:

  1. Oh Rhetta!
    You are the best! Thanks for mentioning me...you are so sweet! You are my encourager and I think you! Glad you are back on the blogging scene - missed seeing you!
    Stacey :o)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome. Thanks for stopping by; please come again soon!